10 Reasons Why Groundwater Is An Amazing Resource
Groundwater is a blessing, and every human is responsible for taking every possible step for groundwater remediation. But, do we all know what makes groundwater an amazing resource? And why is it necessary for us to responsibly use it and protect it by adopting different groundwater treatment procedures and methods? The following ten reasons contribute to the tons of tons of reasons why groundwater is an amazing resource:
- Collectively, all the water on the planet Earth – only 1% of the water is safe for human use, and 99% of that 1% of water is groundwater.
- In the US, lakes, rivers, and streams are an essential water resource; however, groundwater provides 20 to 30 times more water comparatively.
- Groundwater is the largest source of water for irrigating the agricultural land, which means that groundwater is a valuable water resource and growing both food and non-food crops is mainly dependent on groundwater resource.
- In the US, shallow groundwater temperature ranges from 44°F in the northern states, whereas in Florida and southern Taxes it is about 80°F.
- The hydrologic cycle is dependent on groundwater. Snow and rainwater are absorbed in the land through several sources, and it is stored for years.
- Groundwater fills the crevices and cavities beneath the surface of the Earth; hence protecting the surface of the earth from sinking.
- Groundwater wells are an essential resource of water for a large population in India, the US, and China.
- United States’ aquifer underlies 250,000 Sq. Miles, which makes 8 states of the US including Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and Wyoming.
- 30% of the water source in many large and small streams in the US is provided by groundwater.
- The United States is highly dependent on groundwater. 80 billion gallons of fresh groundwater is used every day for different purposes, including commercial use.